Welp! We’re in quarantine. It’s almost impossible to talk about life these days without addressing the hippopotamus in the room — COVID-19. The coronavirus has been a humbling moment for basically everyone in the entire world. Almost no one is exempt from this time of social distancing/quarantine. It is easy to despair during this time but the right perspective can save you from all the doom and gloom.
Here’s how God has been preserving my peace of mind:
- News about COVID-19 has created a breeding ground for despair but the Lindseys encourage us to have faith over fear.
- I love how God’s word is ALWAYS applicable to every life situation. Meditating on this psalm helps me to have peace and hope during these tumultuous times.
- This sermon got ALLLLL the sauce to put you in awe of who God is…after listening to it, when you get hit up with frightening corona news, your response is going to be ‘strengthened faith (a.k.a ‘new number’)…who dis?’
- This quick pep talk reminds us that ‘in EVERY opposition there is an opportunity.’
- So much is out of our control but we can still find ways to vivir nuestras vidas la la la la!
I am not in any way trying to diminish how challenging this period in time is. I know many are dealing with job insecurities, lack of food, poor health, and so much more. I am saying that God is still God even in our trials and hardships. God is still trying to encourage us each and every day, we just have to open ourselves up to receive that daily dose of joy that will keep us going during this time.
“When you have troubles, I am with you. When you cross rivers, you will not be hurt. When you walk through fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not hurt you.“
(Isaiah 43:2 ERV)
How are you finding joy during this time of uncertainty?